Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey Day and Disneyland...

Well Thanksgiving weekend turned out to be sooooo fun! The car drive went by really well and the baby was so good so we were able to get to California in good time. Wednesday we got to my moms and she had made homemade pizza for Josh's b-day. It was so yummy and we were so happy to be there and out of the car. All of the cousins had so much fun reuniting and playing with each other. It has been about two years since the Mike Dunn's have been to my parents house so the girls were having fun exploring! Thursday started early for my parents, Mike, and Josh. They woke up early and went on a 15 mile bike ride. When they got back the cooking/ eating began and we were constantly entertaining the kids and cooking! It was a quite day with the absence of Amie and Ken, and Josh & Lauren's family(we missed you). The day went by very quickly and I must say that was the best food my mom has ever cooked, and I am not just saying that it was so good! Friday we woke up early and met josh and Lauren at Disneyland. We were scared it was going to be crowded but we were pleasantly surprised! We got in the Nemo line first and it was so cute, kinda freaky being under the water, but really well done. it was all decorated for x-mas so it was fun to get into the spirit of things. It was a great day.

Thanksgiving Day
Michael always the turkey carver!


The kids made these...they turned out so cute!


Disneyland
The whole gang before going on Nemo...

Best cousins...they are growing up to be sooo beautiful!

Little Spencer....always so happy :)

Of course we had to stop at the fire station...

All of the girlies

McCall


Somehow me and Lauren ended up kid-less on Dumbo!

Waiting for the Christmas parade to start...

You are looking at the most obsessed child...That is with anything Mickey/Minnie of course....Whenever she sees them she starts shaking and can't even control how excited she is! It is so funny!

Some other highlights of the weekend include....
-Josh's homemade apple pie
- Movie with the kids
- Mom's green Chile Chicken Enchilada's
-Golf cart rides
-In-n-out
- Sleeping in my own bed
-getting a pedicure
-Josh and Matthew getting really sick on the last night:( so far no other victims....
- coming home to find out that the guy I really want to go out with, wants to go out with me too!
-knowing I will be home in 2 1/2 weeks for Christmas!

The weekend flew by but I was so thankful for the opportunity to go home and be able to spend that time with my family! I love all of you guys...

2 comments:

www.amiestarks.typepad.com said...

REALLY cute pics kate! The kids are all getting so big! I think Mike should have his own Turkey Carving apron considering it's his job every year! :)

Glad you are home safe....good luck catching up on everything for school!

Whitney Palmer said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! I cant believe Mike hasnt been there in so long!
I think me and Dom are going to Disneyland when we get back. Can you believe Ive never seen one of there Christmas parades?
Not even in Paris!

See ya