Friday, June 20, 2008

In a hick town?!

SO last night was the Manti Pageant..and the most unique "Utah" experience I have ever had. We were most definitely in the smallest hick town I have ever seen! We left Provo around 7:15 and got there around 8:30. Once we got there we decided to support the local high school and pay $3 for super close parking...and it was worth every penny...Once we got seats we walked over to the food area and I got the most delicious funnel cake ever! It was so delish...definite comfort food! The mosquitoes and protesters were both out in full force and made us all very uncomfortable. We bummed some bug repellent off the family behind us and finally had some relief. The show was really good. The narration is who knows how old and very comical. If you can look past the out datedness(my own word) of the show, it is really an amazing story of the restoration and the coming about of the book of Mormon. After the show I told my friends I don't care how the got to the car, but they better just get there fast. So I took off running and we were out of there in 10 minutes flat and on the road around 11:30. I was proud.lol. We made it home a little after 1 and we of course had to watch So You Think You Can Dance...I didn't want anyone ruining it for me....All in all it was a good night!
Me, Jessica, and Audrey(roommate)

Yummy, Yummy!

Burgundy(roommate) and me...

1 comment:

jeny said...

I PROMISE there are smaller "hick" towns in Utah...but you are right, Manti is pretty bad. I'm glad you got to experience the show.