Friday, September 26, 2008

Why do you make me feel this way?!

Many of you know DAN. You have also had the opportunity to meet him. He was my boy "best friend" all summer long and it was great! Then I started to really fall for him and became emotionally attached. We would hang out every day together talk to each other at night and make plans for the rest of that evening and so on. It was like we were "boyfriend girlfriend" but we weren't. It wasn't always this way for me and that was when it was easy to be with him and be his friend. He would always say the nicest things to me and treat me so well. We went on family trips and he came down to California to visit and it was awesome. There were always moments when other girls would come up but I would just not let it get to me and just go with the flow. Until one day he decided to take my heart and rip it to pieces and stomp on it. I was so crushed. I told him not to talk to me for at least a week, no texting, and don't try to come see me. He was like no I can't and I said that's too bad. We ended up calling each other at the exact same time one night and of course he had to tell me that he missed me and at the end was all "love you bye"!!! SO I caved and called him back, we went out to dinner, had a great time, but the night progressively got worse and all of the feelings I had pushed deep inside me started to re-surface. I left him that night feeling horrible all over again and stupid for caving into seeing him. SO a couple weeks have gone by and I have had really good distractions. Boy distractions. DAN has texted me occasionally but I have started to handle it better and am now almost over it. Until TODAY. (last night we had run into each other at Raintree and chatted for a bit but friends were around and it wasn't to awkward) SO I get a text from him this afternoon saying hey what's up?! SO I told him I was just at my apartment and next thing you know he is standing at the front door. We talked for about an hour and at first it was ok, until he starts being everything I used to like about him. He left. And now feelings are coming back and I don't like the way he does that to me. It is to hard to be friends with him when I know it will go no where!!! Who does he think he is?! My feelings for him drive me crazy! Doesn't he realize what this does to me?!ahhhh :(

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Grrrr! I totally remember having a boy in my life like this! I'm sorry you have to go thru this! I hope things get better.

jillian said...

sometimes they know they are doing this.... and they dont care. They just like having someone always there. You need to either be in a relationship with him, or cut him cold turkey!!!It will be so hard, but the more distractions the better. Stay strong! BOys Suck sometimes!!!

www.amiestarks.typepad.com said...

I agree with Jill - cold turkey baby! You are better when you have tons of things to do with LOTS of different people!

call me this weekend!

jenny @ Birth Mother Baskets said...

Hi Katie, it's Jenny. Maybe he feels the same way about you as you do about him, but doesn't quite know what to do next.....sorry I am the hopeless romantic:) This is where I am super happy to have been married for 17yrs...WOW! Good luck!

Whitney Palmer said...

Wow sounds so familiar. Can I tell you that Ive been in the silly dating workd for way too long and have experienced every possible situation. I hate it. I hate dating and hate trying to read people like its a freakin game. Just go with the flow and dont let him control your emotions. Itll either work out or it wont, but you have to prepare for both and make decisions based on that.

Love you tons
Whitney

ps I have good news....text me or call me. 818.913.1852

jeny said...

I wish I had some good advise, but what do I know...I fell for the first guy I really "dated", and almost 15 years later...we are still dating, well married too!

Good luck, girl!