Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2nd Email

{Sorry this is a little late...the Holidays got the best of me. This was sent a week ago}

Hey! Well I can't believe that it is already my second week at the MTC... I leave a week from today!!! This week has gone by so so so fast. I have decided that the days go by slow and the weeks go by fast... I have been able to get better sleep and so I have been doing so much better emotionally. haha. On wednesday I was able to see my cousin Melissa who just got to the MTC and it was so fun seeing a familiar face. We see each other at least once a day and her room is down the hall from me! So... I can't believe it is Christmas in 2 days... We got our schedule for the day and it is pretty laid back. Lots of down time and a morning devotional and and evening one as well. We get "sack" food all day but its all good. I have a little tree in my room that I love and I have been so blessed to recieve so many fun packages and cards, it totally helps me get through :) SOme exciting things happened this week... I have finally finshed some of my lesson outlines for the first few lessons. we have been able to teach a ton of investigators who aren't really investigators but they volunteer and they have gone really well. The spirit has been so strong sometimes and it definitely has been a huge blessing as we have had these teaching experiences. Another cool thing happened yesterday in the RC where people call in for free videos or to chat, or we call them to confirm bible and book of mormon deliveries. whew. ok so yesterday. all of the sudden I get a call and he was calling to order a free lamb of god video. just that morning a few elders in the area had given him the card to call. He was so interested and wanted to meet with the missionaries whcih is huge. most people just want the video. I was able to chat with him for awhile and bear my testimony of the restored gosple. I told him that god loves him very much and that the message we share is one of hope and love. for the sake of time I will tell you more later :) so then I asked if he would promise me to keep and open mind to the message and if he would continue to pray to heavenly father and he said he would promise!!!!! It was such a huge moment for me. I look forward to getting to Virginia and continuing this great work the Lord has sent me here to do. Usually these things dont happen here very much in the RC so it made my day!!! Then last night Elder Neil L. Anderson (Apostle) came to our devotional. we were kind of expecting an apostle but didn't want to get our hopes up :) so we were on a high all last night. the spirit was so strong when he walked in and then when we sang Called to Serve it was incerdible to feel such a spirit so strongly through my whole body!!! WOW! It has been so great to be here and I am so happy and blessed to have these opportunities... I can't believe I won't be around for Christmas this year but know that I am doing good and more than anything I miss all the traditions but I know this is where I am supposed to be. Oh and last night Elder Anderson also had his grandkids come up and sing christmas songs and I just about lost it. I miss all the kiddos SO much.

Not going to lie having 2 companions is hard but we are making it work and getting through while trying to have as much fun as possible. Many of you know I am the coordinating sister and since we got new sisters in on Wednesday(16th) it was pretty crazy getting them all settled and adjusted but it has been such a great opportunity to serve others. We have had a ton of teachers this week with Christmas here and them all going home so it has been great to change it up a bit and learn from different perspectives. the elders in our district, well lets just say that things have been way better and we actually have so much fun togetehr and really help each other a ton!!! Ok so I am running out of time so I better wrap it up.... I love and miss you all so much. The cards and letters have been so great. I think about you all and pray for you all the time. Remember the meaning of this time of year and the example of Jesus Christ in our lives as we remember His birth. I am so greatful to be here!!! The gosple is true!!!

Love, Sister Dunn

No comments: