Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My First eMail

{this is amie - katie's sister - and she asked me to post to her blog while she is gone! So this is her first email, received today!}

Hey family and friends!

WOW!!! Where do I begin?! First, I must say a huge thank you to all of you who have taken the time to write me!!! It is soooo nice to get mail. SO HARD not to just pick up the phone to call and tell you how I am doing and give you all the deatails... When I first got here you would be so proud, no tears! i thought i would feel so homesick but honestly there is no TIME to feel that way. The spirit here is infectious and everyone is just so happy all the time. not going to lie a little hard to get used to but I am doing well. ha. NO but seriously the feeling is amazing. By the 2nd full day I was so tired I had a small breakdown but pulled it together and have been doing great ever since. I have been getting the hang of things and it gets a little better everyday! My teachers are awesome and my district is even better. the elders are a little immature but i am getting used to that. So. my companions are so sweet. I am in a trio and so it takes us awhile to do things but i have learned to have patience and love really quick! we are all in the same room and all going to VA! our tenative departure date is dec. 30th. yay. So i feel like i am dragging on but I just have so many things to share...

- i didnt sleep at all the first night
- the food is ehh ok.
- i have never had a cold shower
-the beds are nice
- i never have to open the door for my self haha.
- on the second night the fire alarm wen toff at 12 am i freaked out and got out of the building remebering my companions and then realized it was a false alarm. so fun?! not. but great memory for sure.
- our zone is amazing
- relief society sister elaine s. dalton was there. AMAZING

Ok so....

Like I have told many of you this is the hardest thing I have ever done but I know it will be soooooo worth it! I have never prayed to my father in heaven more than i have in my week of being here! it is so important to rely on Him! I have tried to jump in with both feet first and it has stretched me beyond belief. I realized I have to have more faith than fear or else I will not be able to be the best missionary I can be! My branch president is amazing and I know that he is truly inspired from God. I was called to be the coordinating sister in our zone on Sunday and when he met with me he reminded me that I have all the tools to be a good missionary and that he knows that I have all of the personality traits required to be effective. it felt so reassuring because i really had been feeling so inadequate! I know that I am doing the work that heavenly father has been preparing me to do my whole life. It is hard but I know through Him I can do all things. I have never felt the spirit so much in my life. I am so happy. The lord truly belesses us with the tools to return to Him and be the best we can be if we rely on Him. This week has been so long but i know it will go by fast. Every time I am feeling like I can't do it something or someone helps me get through it and I know heavnly father has placed them in my life. Oh and the first time singing called to serve last night was SO COOL!!! wow. I want to never forget that feeling. I have so much to learn and I feel like being at the MTC will go by so fast! I am excited to be here and I cant wait to tell you more! I love you and miss you all so much!
p.s. letters and packages are always welcome :)

LOVE, Sister Dunn

Address
Sister Dunn
MTC Mailbox #119
VA-RICH 1230
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, Utah 84604

No comments: